Position Title: Summer Student
Eligibility: Age 16-30. Must have been a full-time student during the 2016-2017 school year and intend to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year.
Organization Name: Hubbards Barn Association (HBA)
Reports To: Chairperson of the HBA. The student will work with designated Board member of the HBA, Barn custodians and executive director/farmers’ market manager.
Job Location: Hubbards, NS
Employment Term: Summer 2017, commencing June 20th. Total 240 hours @ $12.00/hour. The hours include eight Saturdays 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. and approximately 22 hours during each of eight weeks (variable schedule).
Job Objective: The summer student will help to carry out the vision of the Hubbards Barn and Community Park as it relates to events, maintenance, and enhancement of the facility.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
The candidate for this job:
- Has good oral and written (including on-line) communication skills
- Can work well independently as well as in groups
- Has good organizational skills
- Has good problem solving skills
- Holds a valid driver’s licence and has the use of a vehicle Additionally, the following experience would be an asset:
- Property and garden maintenance experience
- Experience in working with community organizations
- Experience coordinating events
Please submit a brief cover letter and resumé to the Hubbards Barn Association at email@example.com